Tuesday, August 22, 2006

settling in

It's been tough to get settled into our temporary home. I guess because we know it's temporary. It's a great house & I am really liking the neighborhood but the reality is, we not afford this home. Which is fine because the house is much bigger than we had been looking for anyway. The blessing is that we are on a month-to-month so as soon as we find that right home for our family, we can move on it. The market here is really becoming a buyer's market, which is good for us. We may be looking at a place on Sunday, it's in our budget and pretty close to where we live now.
In the mean time we have attended two different churches over the past 3 weeks. We like them both and are praying about where the Lord would want us. We want to be fed the Word and be sure our daughter is getting good teaching as well. I can't wait to get involved, I love the Children's Ministries and I am in much need of a ladies fellowship group.
That's about it for now...just continuing to unpack, very little. I don't plan on doing any decorating, I don't see the point to it. But my family has the essentials and I think we are all happy, that's what counts!

2 comments:

Carrie Postma said...

I'm glad you guys are getting settled. We sure do miss you around here!
I don't want to play "phone tag" anymore, btw.... :-(
Love you!!!!!!

Karen said...

Good luck in finding a home, I'm sure the right one will come along!!