Tuesday, January 11, 2011

#3 of 365

#3 - A colorful promise, He thought of ME!?!

I've heard countless times in numerous ways how much my Heavenly Father loves ME and knows the number of hairs on my head, etc, etc... Not to discount any of that, by no means! But, being the pessimist that I am (right?) it seemed almost unreal that this beyond amazing, always loving, quickly forgiving, Heavenly Daddy would have had me on His mind when they put those nails through His hands. Anyone with me on this, maybe to a lesser degree? All this to say, when reading my Bible this morning (another resolution for me, on a daily basis!) I read something very simple, part of a long story, and I know I've heard it and read it before. Most likely, you have too!

Genesis 9:16 "The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth." NKJV

So, whenever there is that colorful, beautiful, arch in the sky (that we love to point out to our kids, or vice versa) there is an ever-loving God in Heaven who thought of YOU and the promise He made to YOU a very long time ago. Maybe this is the only promise anyone has ever kept with you?!? Think about it, ask about it, some one in your life is willing to help you learn about it!


1 comment:

cathy said...

And it's not a promise WE keep... it's a promise by God, through God, kept by God Himself for all of time. WE just get the privilege and honor of looking at His reminder!!