Sunday, December 03, 2006

Blessed!

I just have to share, this past Friday my Cameron was asked to share during his school's weekly chapel service. I was so excited for him, and nervous too. From the time I woke up I was praying for peace and a calm spirit, also that the students would come with open hearts & minds to hear what one of their teachers had to share. Cami & I got to be there too. They have some pretty loud & upbeat worship to start, which I love. It was the first time Cami has been in on that part, she usually is in her kids class. She seemed to really enjoy the music too. When Cam walked onto stage she jumped off my lap, headed down the aisle (yeah, we were sitting in the very back of the church) & yelled "Daddy"! So my pregnant self got up and picked her up and quieted her down as quick as I could, luckily it was only a few other teacher's who saw it all. Anyway, Cam shared a bit of his testimony. Let me just say, to watch your husband up on stage, of any size & sharing from his heart is touches to deepest parts of your heart. Wow! At one point he even got choked up, yeah, a big 'ol football coach, up on stage, holding back tears! It made me cry. I had to share all this because it's a real reminder of the wonderful blessing the Lord has given me in this famly I now have. Not only my husband and beautiful daughter, but my in-laws too. I love you all!!!
I'm not sure if it's the time of year or the pregnancy, but man am I EMOTIONAL! Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Carrie Postma said...

I'm so glad it went well for him! I chatted with him the night before and prayed for him!
He's pretty awesome isn't he? Love my bro and his willingness to share his heart.
Oh and by the way, I am the one blessed to have you in my family!