Saturday, December 01, 2007

another AWESOME kit!

Go check it out, PersonalScrapper has another beautiful kit for December! I got to get a bit of scrapping done with my kit last night. All photos are from last Christmas, I loved being able to put these layouts together & add them to our family album. Enjoy!



A very simple LO of a few of the traditions our family has started.
1. Picking out the tree, the picture cracks me up, Cami in her sun glasses! You know you live in sunny so cal when you have to wear shorts & sunglasses when picking out a Christmas tree!
2. Backing & decorating cookies. Cami really enjoyed this last year & I'm looking forward to her help again this year.
3. Our family Christmas card. I get so excited every year to have someone capture that one special family photo to use. Then, of course, it's always fun to design the card too!

This was Christmas Eve. The journaling reads:
Christmas Eve It was such a wonderful day. Today, for the first time, I made a full Christmas dinner! I really enjoyed it too. We got to share our afternoon with Uncle Greg, Aunt Alice, & Josh. Of course they spoiled us with gifts after dinner! In the evening we all headed to Calvary Chapel Murrieta for a beautiful candlelight service.


Ok, I won't even begin to tell you how much work this layout took! Because if you don't scrap, you'd think I was nuts & never want to take up the hobby. Needless to say the idea of creating a Christmas tree for my layout started at 4am yesterday morning, and the finished product you see below was completed around 8pm last night! Now mind you I had the girls to take care of most of the day, but still. I can't believe how much I went thru to get this one done. I do have to say, it is now one of my favorite layouts. It looks much prettier in person. I gave it a very 3D effect with using pop-dots. Oh and yeah, this is a 2pg LO.
All pictures are from Christmas morning at our home, opening gifts & enjoying each others love.

Thanks for lookin'!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luv the layouts...especially the tree!! May have taken a long time, but worth it! That would make a cute Christmas Card!!

Carrie Postma said...

all your hard work paid off, Girl! LOVE that tree...awesome!

Laura said...

You do beautiful work. I haven't the foggiest on how to scrap...I admire your creativity!!

Anonymous said...

Jess your layouts are incredible! That tree is amazing (or crazy? :) JK!)

Hope you're feeling better!!! Love you!

Unknown said...

The christmas tree lo is soooooo cute! Great idea!