Sunday, April 20, 2008

I want to be UNDIGNIFIED

So many times while in church something is said, taught, or sung that I feel I really want to share on my BLOG. But I have only ever once done this, for that, I am sorry. I need to do what the Holy Spirit prompts me to do. So, this is what is on my heart this today.

This morning in church we got to sing one of my new favorite worship songs. Our worship leader shared some verses to help us understand where the songs meaning and lyrics came from;

"Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel today, uncovering himself today in the eyes of the maids of his servants, as one of the base fellows shamelessly uncovers himself!
So David said to Michael, It was before the Lord, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the Lord. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor." 2 Samuel 6: 20-22 NKJ

My goal this week is to be undignified before the Lord. Often the girls and I will listen to kids worship or learning songs and dance and sing along. This week I'm gonna turn on some of my own favorite worship tunes and show my girls there is no shame in being undignified in worshiping our Lord. How fun I know it will be to just sing loud and dance around praising the Father who has given me more then I ever deserve!

2 comments:

Carrie Postma said...

thats a great song, Jess! Thanks for sharing...you made me wanna get up and dance like David!

Kell said...

I love the David Crowder Band, I've seen them 2 or 3 times now.