Monday, August 04, 2008

August 4th

Have you ever heard someone say something like; "when I opened my Bible today the scripture really spoke to me, it was exactly what I needed to hear".  I have heard several people say this about various issues or just days in their lives.  I never felt that, ever!  I figured I just wasn't listening well enough or I really was not "getting it", whatever God had wanted to share with me.  Maybe somehow I missed it...Now I know the Lord loves me, unconditionally, I'm one of His daughters & that brings me joy and peace.  But today, today when I finally opened up my devotional (I haven't looked at it since Caleb was born) God put exactly what I needed to read right under my nose.  The coolest thing, this devotional is set for each day of the year, my Father knew that today would be the first day I got back into His word & He knew how desperate I was feeling for His love.  I can't even begin to share with you how special it makes me feel to know that the Lord had a special appointment set aside just for the two of us today!

The devotional had several scriptures from the Pslams, but here is one that I will be writing & putting up on my bathroom mirror;

"But I call to God, and the Lord saves me.  Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice."  Pslam 55: 16-17

And just so you know, today is my first official day on my own with the three kiddos.  I have been stressing over today for the last four days now...I know it will get easier once Caleb sleeps better at night.  I praise the Lord for our beautiful children, what a delight they are to us.  Even at 3am!

3 comments:

Laura said...

How precious God is. He is so personal. I'm sure that through His strength you'll do a fabulous job with the 3 kiddos. They're very blessed to have a mommy who is committed to loving and honoring Jesus.

Unknown said...

how are you doing? you've been on my mind today, and every time i think of you, i say a little prayer. i hope you and your beautiful family are having a great day!

Carrie Postma said...

you made me teary-eyed! I can see how that verse could apply to you at this season... been there, Sweets. You are a wonderful Mommy and God will give you teh strength you need.
xoxoxoxox