My toffee-nut blessing...
What's your mindset when sitting in a drive-thru?
Being distracted with a million things.
- the cell phone
- the 'I need this/I want that' cry from the backseat(s)?
- the search for your cash or debit card?
- the mind numbing questions inside of 'Should I have really hit the drive thru? Couldn't I make this at home? Am I being smart with the resources I've been blessed with?'
I'm pretty much all of the above!
Today I was excited to take advantage of my come-in-to-Starbucks-for-your-free-drink-&-we-will-convince-you-to-spend-$-on-something-while-you-wait ;-) postcard...
My kids where actually enjoying all the card in front of us had for them to point-out.
- the drivers pretty hair (you could see the beehive above the seat)
- the bright orange, oversized die hanging from her rearview mirror
- the license plate frame that said 'I heart dogs'
- and the numerous bumper stickers
I did my best to respond to their excitement for all they saw. I did my best, but I could of done better. My blessing? I distractedly pulled up to the window & before I could think the barista said, it's on the lady that was in front of you. She paid your full bill & said 'happy new year'.
What? I nearly hit the gas pedal so I could catch another glimpse of her car.
Instead, I told the barista what a huge, unexpected, undeserving blessing it was & have been praying for the bee-hive, oversized orange die lady all day!